Spoil your family and friends, even if they have special dietary requirements.
Preparation time: 1 hour
Baking time: 20 minutes
Oven temperature: 180°C
• 250ml (140g) cake flour
• 250ml (140g) wholewheat flour
• 2 large handfuls (150g) spinach, blanched and finely chopped
• 3ml sugar
• 8ml (5g) instant dry yeast
• 30ml sunflower oil
• 125ml sweet-chilli sauce
• 250g streaky bacon, pan-fried until just cooked
• 400g butternut, cubed and cooked
• 1 red onion, cut into wedges
• 250ml (200g) mozzarella cheese, cubed
• 2 small handfuls (100g) baby spinach leaves
1 Sift the flours with 2ml salt. Tip the husks from the wholewheat flour into the bowl and mix into the flour with the chopped spinach. Add the sugar and instant yeast and mix.
2 Add the sunflower oil and enough warm water to form a soft dough (about 125ml). Knead for 10 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic. Cover with oiled clingfilm and leave to rise in a warm place for 45 minutes, or until the dough has doubled in size.
3 Knock back the dough and roll it into a large disc that is approximately 5mm thick.
4 Topping Spread the sweet-chilli sauce over the pizza base. Top with bacon, butternut and red onion, and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
5 Bake in a preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes and serve topped with baby spinach leaves.