Warm your guests with this hearty pasta dish.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
• 2 cans plum tomatoes
• 45ml olive oil, plus extra for brushing
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 2ml sugar
• 2-3 fresh chillies, seeded and chopped
• 30ml fresh basil leaves, chopped (or 5ml dried), plus extra to serve
• large pinch of saffron
• 50ml fresh rocket leaves, torn
• 80ml dry white wine
• 50ml cream
• 300g fresh line fish, cut into steaks or bite-sized cubes
• 300g prawns, cleaned and peeled with tails left on
• 400g angel hair pasta or spaghetti
• shaved Parmesan cheese, to serve
• grilled lemon wedges, to serve
1 Blend the tomatoes in a food processor until smooth.
2 Pour into a saucepan and add the olive oil, garlic, sugar, chillies and basil. Bring to the boil then lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, until reduced.
3 Add the saffron, rocket, wine and cream and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cover and remove from the heat.
4 Warm a griddle pan over high heat. Brush the fish and prawns with olive oil. Once the pan is hot, add the fish pieces and grill for a few minutes on each side until just cooked. Remove from the pan and set aside. Grill the prawns until they turn opaque, one to two minutes a side.
5 Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Add the seafood to the sauce. Reheat for one to two minutes until hot. Stir in the cooked pasta. Toss well. Serve with Parmesan, lemon wedges and basil.
Potato and leek ravioli with crispy bacon and rocket
Pasta with lamb and red wine sauce
Chicken and mushroom penne in a mustard and brandy sauce
Roasted winter vegetable cannelloni with blue-cheese sauce
Lasagne with pork and fennel