We’ve taken the hassle out of menu planning with this easy-to-prepare family supper.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
• sunflower or peanut oil
• 500g pork steak or schnitzel, sliced thinly
• 1 onion, halved and sliced thinly
• 4 cloves garlic, crushed
• 10ml piece of ginger, peeled and grated
• 2 small chillies, seeded and chopped (optional)
• packet of snow peas, trimmed and halved
• 125ml cashews, chopped
• grated zest and juice of 1 lime or small lemon
• 50ml oyster sauce
• handful fresh mint or basil, chopped
• basmati rice, to serve
1 Heat a wok or large frying pan over a high heat. Once the pan is hot, add about 30ml of oil. Once the oil is hot, add the pork pieces and stir-fry over a high heat until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2 Heat a little more oil in the pan. Turn down the heat to medium and add the onion slices, garlic, ginger, chillies, snow peas and cashews and stir-fry for two minutes.
3 Add the lime zest and juice and oyster sauce and return the meat to the pan. Simmer for one minute and stir in the herbs. Serve immediately with basmati rice.Shopping list
No-fuss meals: Week 1 – Sausage pasta
No-fuss meals: Week 1 – Lemon baked fish with crunchy courgettes
No-fuss meals: Week 1 – Spicy meatball roti
No-fuss meals: Week 1 – Filled tofu
No-fuss meals: Week 1 – Lamb chops with herbed potatoes
No-fuss meals: Week 1 – Roast chicken with soy and plums