Make this beautiful edible flower to add glamour to a special-occasion cake. It looks impressive and is easy to make.
You will need
• 100g white plastic icing*
• 2ml CMC gum*
• rolling pin
• small sieve
• flower cookie cutter in at least 3 sizes
• balling tool*
• patty pan tin or wax paper
• small paintbrush
• royal icing (see below)
• cake decorations, such as pearls
* Available at specialist baking shops.
Beat one large egg white until foamy and add 7,5ml lemon juice. Add 300g sifted icing sugar, one spoonful at a time. Beat until the mixture is thick and glossy. Keep covered until ready to use.