Makes: 1 x 20cm cake
Preperation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 20-25 minutes
Oven temperature: 180°c
• 190ml (100g) cake flour
• 2,5ml baking powder
• 2,5ml bicarbonate of soda
• 2,5ml ground cinnamon
• 2ml ground mixed spice
• 45ml cocoa powder
• 10ml finely grated orange zest
• 1 large egg
• 125ml sugar substitute (xylitol or Sugalite)
• 5ml vanilla essence
• 100ml fresh or frozen berries, plus extra to decorate
• 150ml finely grated courgette
CREAM CHEESE ICING
• 125ml fat-free smooth cottage cheese
• 30ml sugar substitute
• 2ml finely grated orange rind
1 Prepare a 20cm square baking tin with cooking spray.
2 Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, spices and cocoa together. Add the orange zest.
3 In another bowl, combine the egg, sugar substitute and vanilla essence and mix well.
4 Add the egg mixture, berries and grated courgette to the dry ingredients, mixing until just moistened.
5 Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in a preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool in the tin. Invert onto a cooling rack. Cut into squares.
6 Icing Mix the cottage cheese, sugar substitute and orange rind together. Spoon onto each square. Decorate with berries.