It’s quick, it’s easy and most of the ingredients are already in your store cupboard.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
You will need
• 30ml oil
• 15ml each ground cumin, garam masala, turmeric and mustard seeds
• 1 onion, thinly sliced
• 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
• 5ml each finely chopped garlic and ginger
• 1-2 fresh chillies, chopped
• 4 chicken breast fillets, cubed
• 1 tin chopped tomatoes
• basmati rice and fresh coriander, to serve
1 Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the spices and fry for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
2 Add the onion and red pepper and sauté for four to five minutes or until the onion is soft. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and fry for another two minutes.
3 Add the chicken and tomato and stir well. Lower the heat, cover and simmer for seven to 10 minutes or until the chicken is just cooked. Season to taste and serve with basmati rice and fresh coriander.