Fold paper flowers for your house – they’re pretty, inexpensive and last longer than summer blooms.
You will need
• 10 sheets of tissue paper per flower
• 0,71mm-thick galvanised wire
• wire cutters
• fishing line
1 Place the sheets of tissue paper on top of each other and fold them from one side at 4cm-intervals like a concertina.
2 Bend a piece of wire around the middle of the strip of folded paper. Twist it firmly to secure then cut the ends shorter.
3 Knot a length of fishing line around the wire from which to hang the flower ball.
4 Now pull the layers of paper apart one by one to form the ball. Start at the outermost fold and take care not to tear the paper.
• Cut the ends of the folds into a V shape or round them off before you form the ball.
• Use different shades of the same colour tissue paper to create an interesting effect.
• Make different sizes of flowers by using different sizes of tissue paper and hang the balls from the ceiling at different heights.